Tuesday, October 21, 2003

Aingeal

The Sky was dark. Heavy clouds blillowed in thier fury with angry eyes of lightning. His voice was deafening. His tone percise, his very visage shrouded by his tense state. "You gave her the vision?!!!!" The heavens rumbled and rain poured forth...the stormy winds tearing through the trees.
"I have done as I desired. Hate me not for being close to fullfilment of such...hate me not because you have lost out on your petty love"
"LILE!! How dare you speak to me such accents? You have yet to feel the power of my fury. With but a thought from me and your silly litle pool would be emptied in a heartbeat!"
"I dare you! I dare you, you arrogant wretch! Empty the pool...then where shall you meet your beloved? *mocking* For silent, burning kisses. You would spend the eternity alone." Her last words she hissed. But as she percieved the hurt in his eyes...the shattering of his ego at the very thought of never meeting his lover...the very crumbling of his being, her features softend and she spoke controlled, almost lovingly,"Dear dear boy. Sweet Aingeal, I have never before seen you this angry...what means this turmoil that boils within you? You know better than I the consequence of love. You understand the process of fate...yet you chastise my desires."

Aingeal's turmoil abated...the winds calmed but the clouds remained heavy and grey.
"Does she mean that much to you? that you risk her safety? the safety of those under our protection?"
Her reply came soothingly but deliberately,"I have compromised no one. I sensed her presence since she set foot upon these lands. *with a long sigh* Aideen....Aideen...her beauty, her character all struck me like the lighting stirkes the earth. I longed to be with her...so passionately that in my mirror of the world I saw only her...but she was mortal. *taking a deep breath* So I chose to give her the vision. I intend to request the the council of the Elements give her immortality."

"So rash! So unthinking?" Shock played upon Aingeal's face,"She is a Mortal woman, with mortal desires. Soon that rogue will bed her then the vision is lost to him! You know that as well as I do...mortal women *scoff* lack the power to keep the vision from a man in the bed!"

"She loves him not. When she came into my pool, I entered her mind. Therein I saw the most unbelievable pain, confusion. She feels an obligation to be with him - there is no love - she will not surrender to him her pride."

"Ahh but how are you sure that she will surrender it you?" His eyes narrowed.

"What is it? What is it that you have against this woman?? You are calm by nature. Your control over the air and wind demands it! What do you see in her...what do you feel that makes you this unsettled?" Lile pleaded.

The Skies cleared. A gentle breeze blew and Aingeal's soft round features returned. He moved silently to the end of the stone circle and look out over the island below them. "I saw her when she landed with the royal family. Immediately I sensed the presence of the Essence within her but I could not understand it. I brought her scarf to my hand that she may come near to me and be alone that I may see her face. It was her. It is her...Cairenn" He let the initial shock settle in then continued,"When I made myeslf visible to her, she froze and I knew that it had to be Cairenn..we felt that bond between us...the bond of the Essence that you nor I can deny...Then that rogue came up behind her and it was ended."

"But are you sure? After so many years? Why would she be re-incarnated after so long....the cycle has been over - why this need for it to begin again?"

He turned to face her,"I do not know. We will have to confront the oracle of the Goddess to get any knowledge of the cycle. But I do know that it is Cairenn. And by giving her the vision you have first of all scared her - she knows nothing of us save tales told round fires. And secondly she is now vulnerable to that man. You must meet her by some means...educate her...then.." He shrugged as though helpless. "Then come what may...the cycle must begin."

"Bring her to me then. You know that I am unable to leave the confines of my pool save to come here...you are the only one with the power of free travel...so I beg of you, bring her to me. I will show her the nymphs, the glow-creatures and all of our dependents. I will teach her through warm kisses the delight of my love that she will think of no man...I will be hers"

Forever the wise one," Must you get carried away? Let not this love blind you as it did me. Do not put yourself in my position...step with care. I will bring her to you...soon. Your duty calls..return to your abode and I to mine"

Her very form dissolved into a stream and she left for her pool. Aingeal looked around the stone circle...the mist below flew gently by and the stone beams rose commandingly. He spread his wings and set forth to his lofty peak...there to reminisce...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Accross the Looms that keep Us together
These People form my World


lunar phases