Wednesday, January 14, 2004

Reflections

There is this Cathedral that's on my way to the metro station. It's snug in the heart of the glassy city but stands in regal ostentatious proportions and hints naught of decadence.

Just yesterday - I decided to visit it and relish the sweet silence that it holds, treasured within its stone walls. The huge black doors stood overwhlemingly before me and before I even reached out to open one, it came foward, almost into my hand as it were. With little effort the door swung open and the thick incensed air met my visage with surreal warmth.

It is truly an awe inspiring thing - visiting churches like this one in the city. Its as though, upon entering youve crossed a sightless boundary between the real and the unreal. Its almost like escaping the world, re-entering the warmth and security of the womb just to sit...it matters little wheter one prays. Sometimes silence is the best prayer, for it is in silence that one hears the heart.

I sat in the pristine perfectness for some minutes that felt very much like hours lost in tranquility so hard to find in the city. It is a tranquility very much like that found in dark cafes and crisp winter mornings. One that prompts reflection; which is not alwas an entirely good thing - but sometimes fun nonetheless.

And what exactly was the product of minutes thus spent? I've nothing to show for it - but at least my mind was stilled for that brief time; now more than ever is there the hope that there would eventually be someone with whom i could share this and all other silences in my life.

to listen to the winter mornings,
to breath the dim lights of the cafes,
to hear my every emotion,
to taste the very spirit of the city;
to know that there is a heart to adorn my dreams...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Accross the Looms that keep Us together
These People form my World


lunar phases