Saturday, January 10, 2004

So I'm sitting at my window to the world listening to the sounds of "Devdas" and find myself further lost in the dreams that swim lazily in my eyes.

"The jasmie adorns her hair lending fragrance to sweet fragrance....her face strikes his heart as lightning strikes the silent earth...her gait enchanting....Why do you tease me, O dark hued one, why do you tease me?
Let free my wrists, O let them free lest my bangles shatter"

Life is such, love is such that one is teased, one's wrist clutched veritably till one cries out for the heart's freedom.

btw - "Devdas" for those who are not aware, is a Hindi film about a tragic romance that ensues between a rich guy and his lower caste neighbour - and later on he gains the pained love of a courtesan but his heart, he realizes belongs only to one. Its a movie that ive seen more than 12 times and counting - just so out of this world and tragically true of certain feelings that all breathing humans must experience at least once in their lifetime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Accross the Looms that keep Us together
These People form my World


lunar phases